Friday, February 22, 2013

Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God by Jonathan Edwards

I didn't really got the meaning of this reading, but I know and understand that it is a sermon for the people that commit sins, which I think is a little bit exaggerated because God can forgive people if they really regret their sins, he is not a monster that will forget about you and will envere ever forgive you. 
But I think that while you read the text you can really feel afraid, and it makes you think "and if this was true?". Maybe this was his point, to make people afraid of sins, so everyone could start making good actions, and that's why he described god as a mean monster that will never forget your sins and will make you suffer because you are mean, so you have to respect him and others to be accepted by him. 
I liked this sermon because it transmits a lot of feelings and fear, it can convince you to be a good person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment