Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Starry Night by Anne Sexton

This is a poem based on the painting of Vincent Van Gogh, it describes the painting at the beggining, the small town that can't be well seen, the sky, the "black-haired tree slips" that seems to be a woman gazing up at the sky. The serpent in the sky covering the stars and the orange moon. Everything is in the poem. And I really like it, specially because when she says:



"Oh starry starry night! This is how  
I want to die:into that rushing beast of the night,  sucked up by that great dragon, to split  from my life with no flag,no belly,no cry." 


I like it because what she is trying to say for me is, "I want to die like this, the death coming for me quickly taking my life, like a star in the sweet and calmed starry night"

No comments:

Post a Comment