Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Her Kind by Anne Sexton

I've read many poems I've enjoyed and liked a lot, but this poem I didn't like it... I loved it, not only because it is different from the others, but because it talks about being different from the others; something I really identify myself with. 

Sometimes I try to fit in society and be accepted, and then I ask myself "Since when I need to be approved by society to live?"And I remember I don't want to be the majority, I want to be different and shine among the others. In resume, I hate to live in a world full of stereotypes; something that is very well stablished in the poem in different ways. 

If we think, behave, and act differently from the others, we instantly become monsters or "witches", they want us to be just common boring humans, but you know what? I don't care if they burn me because I don't like to be normal, I'll be happy because not even the regrets of society could change me, and...
"A woman like that is not ashamed to die.
I have been her kind." 

1 comment:

  1. Poem by Anne Sexton, Linda Gray is her daughter.
    Its good to know that you liked it.

    ReplyDelete