Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Let us Gather in a Flourishing Way by Juan Felipe Herrera

To be honest this is the only poem that after reading it around a hundred times... I still can't understand it, nevertheless it sounds nice and the words seem to have a logic. I want to believe that it is talking about a beautiful place where some people would like to live in. Since the author is a chicano, also I think that he is describing like the place or country where chicanos hope to live in...
"where we toil siempre
in the garden of our struggle and joy
let us offer our hearts a saludar our águila rising
freedom"
He is like trying to say that they want a place where they are not critizised because of the way they speak and to be able to use their many dialects. I might be wrong but this is the only thing I could comprehend of the poem, any comments and help will be accepted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment