Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Song to Myself by Walt Whitman

To be honest I couldn't understand a lot of this "song", but what I'm pretty sure of is that it talks about life and many different things and moments in one person's life.
The song is divided in different sections, I can see that there is not a relation between them, or a meaning in the order in some of them, but at the beggining I can see that the first one talks about external things and the second one of internal things. The sections that I read talk about different things, for example number 8. I kindda understood that it is talking about different scenes that happen at the same moment, a suicide and the daily normal activities. And number 21, I think it is talking about equality between many things and in many ways, in nature and between human beings.
But honestly I didn't understand more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment